Importing Multiple Choice Questions
Importing questions collectively allows you to upload many questions to your question bank at once. Importing questions collectively is carried out through ready-to-use templates prepared with Microsoft Excel.
In order to import collective questions to the system, you should select the template suitable for the questions you want to import and fill your question contents into this template.
There are 2 things to consider when choosing the template that is right for you for the collective import of Multiple Choice Questions:
- How many choices each question has
- How many tags you want to associate each question with
Templates for importing Multiple Choice Questions
- Download the one that suits you best from the templates
- Open the file with Microsoft Excel
- Read the instructions on the first page
- On the first page, you will make 2 selections that will apply to all questions in this import:
- Do you want the random ordering of the choices of the questions turned on?
- Are the choices of the questions shown upside down or side by side ?
- On the second page of the template, fill in the information about the questions
- In the Question column, enter the question text first, followed by one row space, and enter each choice on one row. Type 100 in the column next to the choice you want to select as correct.
- In the Folder column, enter the name of the folder where the question will be saved.
- In the Tag Name column, enter the name of the tag you will associate with the question.
- In the Tag Value column, enter the value of the tag you will associate with the question.
- In the Point column, enter the default point of the question.
You will only enter data in cells painted in gray. Do not change values in cells that are not painted with gray.
- Likewise, for all your questions, complete the entry to the areas reserved for you in the template.
- Copy all the cells painted in orange with the codes produced by the template at once.
- Open the question bank.
- Press the Add (+) button and then click Import Questions in the pop-up menu .
- In the top right corner of the new window that opens, select the Import questions by pasting plain text.
- In the text entry box that opens, paste the orange painted cells that you copied in the template
- Click Continue.
- The system will provide you with a preview of the questions to be imported.
- Complete the import process by clicking Save .