The navigation settings of 2 parts of the exam can be adjusted so that the user can move back and forth inside the test:
- Navigation between exam sections: the user can go back and forth between the sections of the exam. This adjustment is made in the Test Settings window.
- Navigation between section pages: the user can go back and forth between the pages within the section. This adjustment is made in the Section Settings window of the relevant section.
3 options are available in the Navigation Setting:
- Allow going forward & backward: the user can go back and forth and jump as he/she wants.
- Allow going backward: the user can move forward one by one, not jump forward, or go back to the pages he passed.
- Don’t allow going forward & backward: the user can only go forward one by one, cannot jump forward, cannot go back.
There is only one exception to the forward-backward settings: if the section or page has a time limit, the user cannot return after passing the relevant section or page. Examples:
- Even if the test taker is allow to navigate between sections, if the first section has a Time Limit and the test taker goes to the second section, the user cannot go back to the first section.
- Even if the test taker is allow to navigate between pages, if a page in the section has a Time Limit, the user cannot return to the same page after passing this page.
Let’s examine the following example:
- The option “Allow going forward & backward” between Sections is activated, thus, the user will be able to navigate freely between sections and pages.
- In the first Section, the option “Allow going backward” is activated, thus, the user will only be able to go backwards.
- In the second Section, the option “Don’t allow to go forward & backward” is activated, thus, the user won’t be able to navigate between sections or pages.
You can run the exam by clicking on the Exam Preview button and experience how the Navigation Settings work.